Friday, February 12, 2010

A Standstill Part of My Life

The time clock continues ticking
Caring no one around.
Looking nothing what is happening
As a dutiful and strict Master
Counting how much time has gone and left for each one.
While you are performing your strict duty
Even without stopping for a moment,
My life has become standstill.
Somewhere my own clock stops silently.
Suddenly, I was awaken to …
Love came and gone,
Good friends came and bid adieu.
Infatuation developed and disappeared.
Everything seems temporary.
And everybody came just to play their part,
No difference between dear ones, friends, and good friends,
Once done, they disappear without a trace.

We had many fun parts and enjoyed many good moments.
Those moments will become a memory,
Some shorter and some longer ones.
But one day, you will wash them all.
The fun parts will reduce each day
Until nostalgia and loneliness replace them all.
Only reminiscence and solitude will remain my company.
This is reality, and there is no escape from it.

Some have gone to the right place,
Some are struggling,
Some have surrendered to destiny.
And, I am hanging still in the middle,
Still searching my identity
Although I have lived more than one-third of my life,
I still continue dreaming that I started a decade ago.
While dreaming, I put labor aside,
Dreaming got complete freedom to prevail for decades,
There are many things that we don’t get even if we wish to,
So are many things we can’t turn into dreams if we wish to,
And can’t start everything afresh as new ones.

Now I am wise,
Have learnt what it takes to live,
And what it tends to leave in life.
Dear ones will come again once more,
There will be spring all over again san everlasting,
And will depart someday making life more nostalgic.
I will continue dreaming,
May be it will enliven someday.

No comments: